View Recorded Webinar: Identifying and Supporting At-Risk Students in Online Courses
One of the most successful measures of a course is how many students retain, and the online environment is no exception. Yet online education also poses unique challenges for instructors when it comes to promoting retention, as students grapple with challenges like busy schedules, staying motivated and managing their time appropriately.
In this live, research-based webinar, learn practical strategies to identify and support “at-risk” students through both thoughtful course design and engaging course facilitation. Join Galen Davis, Director of Faculty Development at The Learning House, Inc., and Dr. Danny McDonald, Faculty Development Specialist at Learning House, as they discuss methods for identifying and helping at-risk students to improve retention.
Get your questions answered about:
- Characteristics of at-risk students.
- Components of motivation and how they impact retention and engagement.
- The importance of building community and strategies to do so.
- The Universal Design for Learning framework and how designing for accessibility can promote retention for all students.
- Strategies to promote retention in your courses.
- And more.