VIDEO WEBCAST: Early Childhood Education: Ready to Read, Ready to Learn
During the May Satellite Town Meeting Under Secretary Hickok and his guests will explore the following questions and challenges:
- In what ways can communities ensure that all children are given the opportunity to learn the fundamental skills needed to be successful in school?
- What do effective preschool and early literacy programs look like?
- What resources are available for early childhood teachers, parents, grandparents, and child care providers on ways to prepare children to be successful in school?
- What does the medical community tell us about the latest research on brain development and its ties to early learning?
- How can early childhood programs meet the needs of all students despite drastic preparation levels?
- In what ways does poverty affect the children´s acquisition of pre-reading skills?