New Book: Going Online, Perspectives on Digital Learning
In Going Online, one of [the] most respected online learning leaders offers insights into virtual education—what it is, how it works, where it came from, and where it may be headed. Robert Ubell reaches back to the days when distance learning was practiced by mail in correspondence schools and then leads us on a tour behind the screen, touching on a wide array of topics along the way, including what it takes to teach online and the virtual student experience. You’ll learn about:
- how to build a sustainable online program;
- how to create an active learning online course;
- why so many faculty resist teaching online;
- how virtual teamwork enhances digital instruction;
- how to manage online course ownership;
- how learning analytics improves online instruction.