European Distance Education Network 2003 Annual Conference
One of the leading concepts in modern society, economy and education nowadays is the “Quality issue”. Different approaches of providers, customers, partners and citizens result in the
emergence of different “quality cultures”. The range of open, flexible, distance and eLearning settings in the meantime is becoming broader and it is essential to bring about dialogue between experts, academia, the ICT industry and the publishing sector as well as the education and training authorities across
The 12th Annual Conference of EDEN aims to raise awareness and disseminate knowledge, addressing this strategic area in the learning agenda in Europe.
– Quality assurance, quality management systems and frameworks in flexible and eLearning;
– Distance and eLearning quality approaches, criteria, standards – formulation and implementation; theory and practice;
– Convergence towards standardisation and platforms;
– Principles and practice of accreditation of courses and institutions;
– Development and operation of quality concepts and frameworks in open and distance learning with the integration of emerging ICT solutions;
– Quality in the context of innovation, competitiveness and marketability;
– Evaluation and benchmarking methods and procedures, testing and certification;
– Competencies and the added value of different learning cultures and quality approaches.
The Conference will be accompanied by an exhibition and demonstration area for e-learning suppliers and service providers. The exhibition is organised in co-operation with ICWE GmbH, Berlin.
The deadline for submitting papers is March 10th 2003. You are invited to submit proposals for paper presentations in the parallel sessions or short presentations. You may also
propose to run a workshop, introducing a more comprehensive theme, including some related shorter contributions. For further details see: http://www.eden.bme.hu/contents/conferences/annual/Rhodes/rhodesP.html
CONFERENCE VENUE – RHODES AND DODECANESE ISLANDS
Rhodes, the scenic main island of the Dodecanese (the “Twelve Islands”), is located in the south-eastern corner of the Aegean Sea. It enjoys a very gentle climate, including a cool summer in comparison with other parts of Greece.
The beautifully located Rodos Palace Hotel – one of the largest convention centres in the Mediterranean region, overlooking the Aegean Sea – will be the venue of the conference.
HOW TO JOIN?
For being kept informed about the conference and receive the Registration form, please complete and send the Express of Interest Form on the web site or send an e-mail to email@example.com with your details of correspondence (mailing address, e-mail, phone, fax).
VISIT THE EDEN WEB SITE: HTTP://WWW.EDEN.BME.HU FOR UPDATED CONFERENCE DETAILS.
EDEN – European Distance Education Network Secretariat
Tel: +36 1 463 1628, 463 2537
Fax: +36 1 463 1858