eCollege AU+SM Sets the Standard for eLearning Technology
eCollegeSM [Nasdaq: ECLG] announces eCollege AU+SM. eCollege AU+ is built on the customization, usability and accessibility offered through eCollege AUSM, released in January of this year.
eCollege AU+ separates eCollege’s traditional CampusPortalSM into modules that can be integrated with its teaching platform, as well as with other administrative applications. eCollege AU+ also introduces new advanced feature sets including audio archive capabilities for live sessions and assignment management and tracking functionality.
"While other companies talk about new products, we are preparing to release our second major product upgrade of the year, providing our customers with industry leading functionality to drive the success of their programs," said Oakleigh Thorne, chairman and CEO of eCollege. "AU+ is currently going through our normal exhaustive QA process for release in the third quarter, and, like all of our releases, it will be immediately available to all customers at that time."
New and enhanced features for eCollege AU+ Teaching SolutionsSM include:
- Audio-Plus-Archiving – ClassLiveSM, the industry leading synchronous tool set will now include audio and archive capability for synchronized audio-visual playback not available through any other eLearning platform.
- Assignment DropboxSM – the course feature that enables students to submit coursework and faculty to retrieve it, will be organized in virtual "baskets" by unit or assignment, and tied directly to the grade book; this will result in more efficient management and tracking of coursework.
- Course Calendar – the new and improved course calendar features will provide more customization for users, enabling them to set reminders and control display options, and download the calendar to a PDA (personal digital assistant).
A new look and feel across all eCollege AU+ Campus SolutionsSM will enable users to better organize information on the home page, and easily add new digital campus module packages. Among the new offerings are the following:
- Portal Calendar Package – integrates all course calendars and personal items into one master calendar, which can be downloaded to a PDA, with color-coding and customizable features to identify courses and activities.
- Web Access Package – provides access to headline news, online shopping, personal stock portfolio, and other Web resources; and it easily facilitates the promotion of on-campus activities and events.
- Community Package – allows for online interaction, information sharing and communication outside of the courseware through clubs and study groups.
- Alumni Package – empowers institutions to maintain relationships with students after graduation, and serve the needs of alumni organizations.
As with the initial release of eCollege AU, all applications and support services have achieved unprecedented levels of accessibility for blind, deaf and mobility-impaired faculty and students. eCollege has exceeded standards set forth by Section 508, the U.S. Federal Accessibility Standard for electronic and information technology.