E-Learning Experts to Meet in New York and San Diego
E-learning experts will meet next month in New York and San Diego to examine the creation of dynamic e-learning environments.
The Conference Boards 2001 E-Learning Conferences will be held June 14-15 at the Hilton New York and June 21-22 at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina. These meetings are sponsored by Intellinex and presented with assistance from Saba and SmartForce.
“Greater scalability, increased speed to performance, more effective management of knowledge, integration of customers, suppliers, and business partners are a few of the competitive advantages companies are reaping from e-learning,” says Jean McNulty, Conference Program Director. “It is no longer a question of should we be investing in e-learning, but how do we make that investment pay off.”
The opening keynote address, “Building Your E-Learning Strategy Today and Tomorrow,” will be delivered by John Coné, Vice President, Dell Learning, Dell Computer Corporation.
The luncheon keynote address, “E-Learning for E-Business,” will be given in New York by Marc J. Rosenberg, Principal, DiamondCluster International and author of E-Learning: Strategies for Delivering Knowledge in the Digital Age.
In San Diego, the luncheon keynote address, “A Successful E-Learning Initiative,” will be given by Brandon Hall, Lead Researcher and Chief Executive Officer, Brandon-hall.com.
“E-Learning: Transforming the Way We Work” will be addressed by Tom Kelly, Vice President of Internet Learning Solutions, Cisco Systems, and Jim Mitnick, Senior Vice President, Turner Construction. The session will be moderated by Barrie Athol, Vice President of Marketing, Intellinex L.L.C.
“Measuring What Matters” will be examined by Laurie Bassi, Director of Research, Saba, and Kim E. Ruyle, Manager Learning Technologies, Worldwide Learning and Development, Deere & Company.
“Beyond Training: Creating the Knowledge-Driven Enterprise” will be addressed by Greg Priest, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, SmartForce, and Candy Haynes, Senior Manager, Deloitte Consulting.
“Creating and Integrating e-Learning Best Practices: A World-class, Enterprise-wide Implementation with Measurable Results” will be addressed in New York by Nancy J. Lewis, Director, IBM Management Development, IBM Corporation, and in San Diego by Andrew Sadler, Director, Strategy & Alliances, IBM Mindspan, IBM Corporation.
Concurrent sessions include:
- “Selecting and Working with Vendors” featuring executives of Compaq Computer Corporation and Marriott International, Inc.
- “Blending Learning Models: Getting the Right Mix” featuring executives of SmartForce and Unisys Corporation
- “Building Your E-Learning Team: Core Competencies” featuring executives of LearnShare L.L.C., Enron Corporation, and Eli Lilly and Company
- “E-Learning and Performance: Synergy Through Integration” featuring executives of Saba and PricewaterhouseCoopers/Unifi Network
- “Make, Buy or Partner: Choosing the Right Solution for Your Organization” featuring representatives of the United States Navy, General Motors Corporation, and Autodesk, Inc.
- “Avoiding the LMS Post-Implementation Blues” with executives of Intellinex LLC and CIGNA
The conference moderator is Marcia Conner, Editor-in-Chief of Learning in the New Economy e-Magazine and Chief Executive Officer, Learnativity.com.