Centra Reaches Major Milestone: 1,000th Customer Selects Centra
LEXINGTON, Mass. (December 19, 2002) – Centra (NASDAQ: CTRA), a leading provider of software and services for real-time communication and collaboration, today announced that its enterprise customer count has reached 1,000, highlighting the company’s accelerated momentum and industry leadership. Global organizations across a diverse set of industries have selected Centra’s enterprise application software for integrated real-time communication and collaboration including its 1,000th customer, Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT), a world leader in analytical instrumentation, software, chemistries, and support services. Waters selected Centra to provide a platform for internal communications, global training and marketing programs through the secure and scalable CentraOne(tm).
“We are very proud to reach this significant milestone,” said Leon Navickas, Centra’s founder, chairman and CEO. “Our continued success is a direct result of our commitment to deliver superior products that are supported by the best services organization in the industry.”
Reaching 1,000 customers is not the first milestone for Centra. The company has a history of industry-leading accomplishments, including:
* The delivery of an enterprise-class application for real-time communication, collaboration and learning.
* The development of a thin, browser-based client architecture that enables full-featured user experiences through firewalls and low bandwidth connections.
* The delivery of a fully integrated Web-based collaboration application scaleable to more than 100,000 users.
* The creation of Web-based collaboration application software used by Fortune 1000 organizations for business-critical uses that increase ROI by reducing training-related travel, facility, and telecommunications costs.
* The development of a variety of deployment options including software that can be installed on-premises, outsourced managed services, and a full-service, secure, business collaboration ASP. Mr. Navickas also attributes the steady growth in Centra’s customer base to the company’s continued commitment to a high level of service for both customers and partners. “We do whatever it takes to make our customers successful, and our long list of referenceable accounts is a reflection of this commitment. As our deployments expand across the enterprise, service and support become increasingly important in helping customers achieve significant cost savings, increases in employee performance, and a rapid return on their technology investment.”
Scaleable Software Solution for Enterprise Collaboration Centra’s secure and scalable enterprise application provides collaboration solutions for sales, marketing, human resources, information technology, and other departments across the enterprise who need to take advantage of more efficient and cost-effective business communication over the Web. CentraOne brings together voice, video, data, and graphics in easy-to-use interfaces for Web conferencing, meetings, and virtual classrooms that can be deployed onsite or accessed through a secure ASP, leveraging Centra’s global network of servers. Centra integrates with existing infrastructure to help organizations align enterprise IT strategies with key business processes to enhance productivity, lower costs, and drive revenue. Centra’s solutions are available in 13 language editions and in 29 countries worldwide.
Leading with an undisputed track record of helping over 2.4 million licensed users to increase revenue and improve overall business performance, Centra enables global corporations, government agencies, and universities to drive greater productivity and lower costs through the industry’s most extensible enterprise software application for real-time business communication and collaboration. Today more than 1,000 organizations across many industries and market sectors choose Centra, including Cadbury Schweppes, Citigroup, AT&T, Procter & Gamble, McKesson, Merck, Nationwide Insurance, Sysco, and Stanford University. Centra’s products and services are bolstered by a vital ecosystem of strategic partners, including Deloitte Consulting, EDS, Microsoft, Siebel, Cisco, and Oracle. Headquartered in Boston, Centra operates throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Australia. For more information, visit www.centra.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
With the exception of the historical information contained in this release, the matters described herein contain forward-looking statements, including but not limited to, statements concerning management’s expectations regarding future results of operations, statements that involve risk and uncertainties that may individually or mutually impact the matters herein, and cause actual results, events and performance to differ materially. These risk factors include, but are not limited to, technological difficulties, the results of future research, lack of product demand and market acceptance for current and future products, the effect of economic conditions, the impact of competitive products and pricing, the Company’s ability to manage and integrate the operation of the business of MindLever.com, Inc., acquired on April 30, 2001, and/or other factors outside the control of the Company, which are detailed from time to time in the Company’s SEC reports, which are available at www.sec.gov. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to release publicly the result of any revisions to these forward-looking statements that may be made to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.