Campus Pipeline Unveils Datatel Integration Adapter
Campus Pipeline Delivers More Technology Options for
Higher Education Institutions Building Digital Campuses
SALT LAKE CITY—September 30, 2002— Adding another integration module to its offerings, Campus Pipeline, Inc. today announced the upcoming availability of real-time, data-level integration between Campus Pipeline technologies and Datatel student information systems. This real-time data integration complements Campus Pipeline’s existing visual and single sign-on integration with Datatel student information systems.
Using Campus Pipeline’s new integration technologies for Datatel customers, higher education institutions will be able to leverage their existing Datatel Colleague(R) and WebAdvisor(TM) investments to create their unique vision of a digital campus, using the systems and applications that best suit their needs. A digital campus is a network that integrates an institution’s technology, information, services, and communities under a single online roof.
Anne Arundel Community College was the first to integrate the Campus Pipeline(TM) Web Platform with their Datatel student information system (SIS). The Maryland-based Community College used the Web Platform to unify course portals, email and personal calendars with Datatel’s online registration and grading systems. The College has realized significant productivity gains as the system now automatically performs data integration across the enterprise. The digital campus, named “myaacc” also integrates Datatel’s WebAdvisor, a facilitation tool for Web-based single sign on, demonstrating that Datatel institutions can take advantage of the same level of integration available to those using other ERP systems.
“Campus Pipeline is the only Web-integration software vendor with proven results and integration expertise,” said Carole McCoy, vice president of learner support services at Anne Arundel Community College. “Integrating the Datatel ERP with the rest of our online resources was critical to our goal of minimizing administrative distractions and redundancies so that efforts could be fully focused on developing and providing exceptional learner-centered services.”
The School of Visual Arts in New York will be implementing the real-time data integration between their Datatel SIS and their Campus Pipeline Web Platform. “We recognize the strategic importance of data-level integration in our digital campus; we view Campus Pipeline as the leader in this area,” said Adam Behar, Executive Director of administrative computing, at the School of Visual Arts in New York City. “We are looking forward to rolling out the new features to the community.”
Combined with the Campus Pipeline Web Platform or the Campus Pipeline(TM) Luminis(TM) product family, the Datatel Adapter will help deliver a unified campus experience. The proven technology architecture of Campus Pipeline products easily accommodates future growth and evolving institutional needs. With Campus Pipeline technologies providing the muscle for real-time data integration, institutions will be able to:
· Retain choice and control over which systems are implemented and how they interact to benefit campus constituents by integrating them into the unified digital campus.
· Ease administration by enhancing the value of new and legacy technology investments with system interoperability that allows for easier data maintenance, sharing and access.
· Improve operational efficiency by streamlining the process of integrating disparate technologies, to ease the burden on IT staff and resources and allow them to focus on other projects.
· Increase productivity by reducing or eliminating mundane tasks associated with the maintenance of institutional data, as the system automatically performs data synchronization across the unified digital campus.
“This new level of integration with Datatel systems further signifies our commitment to maintaining open standards and giving our partner institutions the freedom to chose their desired technologies,” said Andy Cooley, senior vice president of marketing and product management, Campus Pipeline. “Institutions using Datatel technologies have new options for building, managing, and extending unique digital campuses that meet their particular needs.”
Integration Offerings for Datatel Institutions
Institutions running Datatel Student Administration systems can use additional Campus Pipeline technologies and technical service engagements to integrate other systems and applications into the digital campus. Campus Pipeline offers various levels and types of integration solutions:
· Campus Pipeline Datatel SIS Integration is packaged as part of both the Luminis and Web Platform products. Availability is scheduled for December 2002.
· Campus Pipeline Individual Integration Adapters integrate Campus Pipeline technologies with leading third-party learning management systems including WebCT Campus Edition and Blackboard Version 5.x, Level III.
· Campus Pipeline Custom Data Integration Adapters enable institutions with multiple third-party or homegrown applications to achieve data integration through a custom development engagement with Campus Pipeline(SM) Technical Services. These custom-developed adapters use XML and JMS and comply with the IMS Enterprise Specification 1.0.
· Campus Pipeline Visual and Single Sign-on Integration provides institutional developers with a quick and easy way to integrate existing Web applications into either the Luminis or Web Platform user interface. This visual integration, combined with Campus Pipeline’s single sign-on protocol, gives constituents seamless access to Web applications through one user name and password.
Based on open standards, the Campus Pipeline Web Platform can be integrated with an institution’s choice of student information systems, course management systems, and a wide range of other technologies and applications. Campus Pipeline offers integration solutions for third-party systems including, among others, Blackboard, Datatel, e-College, JA-SIG uPortal, Jenzabar, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Poise, SCT, WebCT, and homegrown applications, enabling an institution to unify all information, resources, and constituents. Currently, more than 200 colleges and universities worldwide depend on Campus Pipeline enterprise integration software to build and manage their institutions’ vision of the digital campus.
To assist in a successful implementation, Campus Pipeline provides customized technical and organizational consulting and training services. Each is designed to support the entire scope of a Campus Pipeline Web Platform implementation, from assessing campus readiness and project planning to installation and rollout. Premium service bundles include process and organizational design, development, integration of specialized technologies, campus-wide communication support, and training for students, faculty and staff.
Pricing for Campus Pipeline technologies varies based on institution size, customization, and services requirements. For more information or to schedule a personal demonstration, please call 888.682.7473 x161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Campus Pipeline, Inc.
Campus Pipeline, Inc., delivers software and services for higher education, helping institutions unify campus data, enterprise applications, and services into a web-centralized “digital campus.” Today more than 200 colleges and universities worldwide use Campus Pipeline technologies including the Campus Pipeline(TM) Web Platform, the industry’s first and most widely used web platform, and the Campus Pipeline(TM) Luminis(TM) family of platform, content management, and integration products, to build their unique vision of a unified digital campus. For more information, call 888.682.PIPE or visit www.campuspipeline.com.
# # #
Campus Pipeline, Luminis, and the Campus Pipeline logo are trademarks of Campus Pipeline, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Laura Kvinge, Campus Pipeline, Inc., 801.257.4157, email@example.com
Stephanie Miller, PPCH PR, 801.487.4800 x107, firstname.lastname@example.org