Campus Pipeline Launches Luminis™ Product Family
SALT LAKE CITY — October 24, 2001 — Campus Pipeline, Inc., today unveiled the Campus Pipeline ™ Luminis ™ product family, introducing the most significant advancement in enterprise integration, management, and Web services delivery software for higher education since the company’s founding.
This announcement marks an industry milestone in a collaborative venture between leading academic institutions and industry leaders such as Sun Microsystems, iPlanet, Documentum, Dell, SCT, and the Java in Administration Special Interest Group (JA-SIG).
“This significant undertaking represents a coming together of expertise that is unprecedented in higher education technology development,” said Tom Lewis, chairman and CEO of Campus Pipeline. “The Luminis products are the result of cooperation with several leading institutions in higher education and input from the more than 100 institutions that have adopted the Campus Pipeline™ Web Platform.” The Luminis product family represents Campus Pipeline’s continuing determination to build technology, based on open standards, that preserves choice, supports learning, enhances productivity, and fosters community for colleges and universities.
Academic institutions utilize an array of applications, tools, and technologies from a variety of vendors to address the needs of their campuses. These are often complex to administer and difficult to navigate for the campus constituent. The Luminis technology is the first to offer a comprehensive, open environment in which all these products and solutions interoperate to create a smart network of services that helps campuses retain choice and control, extend the value of current technology, and improve productivity campus wide. It is a flexible software solution that brings a campus’s systems, applications, and audiences together into a unified whole, creating a unified digital campus capable of delivering highly personalized information, Web services and community interaction to every campus constituent where and when it is needed.
“The University of Miami sought a Web-integration product that would tie together all our existing systems, services, and information. We wanted an enterprise-class system that would be personalizable and customizable, provide single sign-on capability, and encourage a personal relationship between UM and members of our community,” said Dr. Mary Sapp, Chair of the World Wide Web Committee at the University of Miami. “We chose to partner with Campus Pipeline because they have a track record of working in the higher education environment and have a collaborative approach to the development of their new Luminis product family.”
The Luminis product family gives institutions unprecedented freedom to build the unified digital campus that best suits their unique campus environment. It will enable products from other market-leading vendors to be readily combined into the unified digital campus, extending its reach into a variety of categories including bookstores, course management, libraries, financial aid, student services, and alumni fundraising.
The Luminis product family includes the following products and product suites:
- The Campus Pipeline™ Luminis™ Platform II – delivering a robust set of standards-based tools and applications that enable institutions to integrate communications, create customized portals, manage users and data, and administer systems. Platform II provides students, faculty, staff, and alumni centralized access to campus information, services, and communities.
- The Campus Pipeline™ Luminis™ Content Management Suite 2.0 – helping institutions create, manage, and deliver information and resources for all intranets, extranets, and campus Web properties, ensuring the delivery of the right information to the right people at the right time. The suite will provide higher education-specific workflow, data entry templates, and data-tagging tools, as well as manage the digital assets of the institution.
- The Campus Pipeline™ Luminis™ Integration Suite 3.0 – providing advanced tools to help institutions streamline how they integrate their disparate systems, applications and databases into a unified whole. Included in the suite are a robust Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) system and adapters for synchronizing data and processes across all campus systems including student information systems (SIS), learning management systems (LMS), library systems, bookstores, etc.
Packaging and Availability
The Luminis product family, scheduled for release in the spring of 2002, will be available in two bundles:
- The Luminis™ Foundation package—provides a baseline of platform, content management, integration and customization features and delivers a robust, flexible foundation for any digital campus.
- The Luminis™ Premier package—includes the full range of the enterprise-wide technologies offered in the Luminis product family.
Pricing is based on institution size and customization requirements.
About Campus Pipeline, Inc.
Campus Pipeline, Inc., an Upside Hot 100 Internet Infrastructure award winner, delivers enterprise software and services to unify the digital campus. Through the Campus Pipeline Web Platform and the Campus Pipeline Luminis product family, more than 100 colleges and universities worldwide have created comprehensive online environments for unifying administrative services, campus news, distance learning and other services within their higher education communities. Campus Pipeline product development, integration, and strategic partners include Dell, Documentum, iPlanet E-Commerce Solutions, JA-SIG, SCT, Sun Microsystems, Talis Information Limited, TIAA-CREF, and WebCT. Investors, including American Express, Dell Computer Corp, General Motors, Hewlett-Packard, Inktomi, Lynx Technology, Meritech Capital Partners, and Oak Investment Partners, back the Salt Lake City-based company. For more information, visit www.campuspipeline.com or call 888.682.PIPE.
Campus Pipeline, the Campus Pipeline logo, and Luminis are trademarks of Campus Pipeline, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Laura Kvinge, Campus Pipeline, Inc., 801.257.4158, email@example.com
Stephanie Miller, PPCH PR, 801.487.4800 x144, firstname.lastname@example.org